America's premier auction house for Lionel, American Flyer, Ives, MTH, and other scale and toy trains. More about us...
Absentee Bidder Guidelines: Absentee bids for most auctions submitted by fax, email, telephone or postal mail must be received by Stout Auctions no later than 4:00pm EST time Thursday before the sale. Online absentee bidding closes one hour prior to the auction the day of the sale. AFTER THESE DEADLINES NO ABSENTEE BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Due to the amount of time required in handling and shipping absentee bids we ask that you observe the following guidelines...
- Sucessful absentee bidders will be charged a small shipping fee sufficient to cover packing costs, delivery service, and shipping insurance.
- Internet buyers premium is 19%. Buyers premium is 16% if paying by check or cash.
Stout Auctions website absentee bidders buyers premium is 19%. Buyers premium is 16% if paying by check or cash.
Phone bidders buyers premium is 19%. Buyers premium is 16% if paying by check or cash.
In house, attending bidders buyers premium is 13%. Buyers premium is 10% if paying by check or cash.
- Indiana sales tax is 7%. Pennsylvania state sales tax is 6%.
- No absentee bids under $50.00.
- Please make bids in the following increments:
- Absentee bids will not require a down payment for this auction.
- We will not have phone lines available for call-in bidding unless the item is valued over $5,000. You must tell Stout Auctions your high bid amount in advance so we can determine if your bid will be competitive; we will let you know if this is the case. Limited telephone access at the auction site requires that we restrict phone bidding to the most serious bidders.
- Charges are due upon receipt of absentee bid win notification.
- Absentee bids can be entered online through our web catalogs; For Indiana Auctions: mailed to Stout Auctions, 529 State Road 28 East, Williamsport, IN
47993-1119; faxed to 765-764-1516; or emailed to [email protected]. For Pennsylvania Auctions: mailed to Stout Auctions, 2884 Mercer-West Middlesex Rd, West Middlesex, PA 16159; faxed to 724-258-1100 or emailed to [email protected].
47993-1119 for; faxed to 765-764-1516; or emailed to [email protected].
- IMPORTANT: Please include item, lot number and bid amount for absentee bids. Bids also need a signature, phone number and an address (not a PO box).
- All absentee bids are executed competitively as if you were there. When multiple identical absentee bids have been placed, the one received first has priority. It is possible for an item to sell to a live bidder for the same amount an absentee bidder posted - click here for an explanation.
- We work very hard not to overlook any absentee bids. However, we are not responsible for missed absentee bids.
- Absentee bids may be deleted if the auctioneer feels there is valid reason such as condition conflict, late or non-payment from previous auction, etc.
- We usually ship the same day we receive payment. Nonetheless, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery by United Parcel Service.
- Grading was done strictly and by appearance of the item, not boxes and not running ability. We do NOT guarantee running ability of any item. Absolutely no returns are accepted on items graded C5 or lower and on items that have no grade. After 30 days we will not accept returns under any circumstances, including items that may be described differently due to new technologies or information. Stout Auctions makes a reasonable effort to represent authenticity, originality, and grade of items with maximum accuracy at the time of the sale. Payment for an auction item that is received by Stout Auctions more than 21 days after the auction date voids all rights to returns, for any reason. After 30 days, any issue with an auction item must be resolved through the consignor of the items and NOT Stout Auctions. Payment is expected within 30 after the auction. Payments after that period waives all rights to return and in some cases the item may be returned to the consignor.
In addition, online absentee bidders using our Internet catalog should be aware of the following:
- Absentee bids cannot be reduced or deleted once entered, though you may increase your bid.
- You will not be notified if you are outbid online. Periodically check your bid status.
- The high absentee bidder online will not necessarily be the high bidder at the live auction.
- If your absentee bid wins at the live auction, buyer's premium and shipping charges will be added according to the terms listed above.
- Online absentee bidding ends one hour prior to the auction for that day. It is likely our catalog server will be very busy as this deadline approaches and we encourage you to get your bids in early.
- To register for an ID number and password for online bidding, follow the directions on the bidding page. If you have questions email [email protected] Please contact us early! If you email us on the final day of absentee bidding we may not be able to respond in time.
back to main info page